Monday, February 17, 2014

Cousins


See that awesome hand painted shirt Miko is wearing?  That was made for him by his sweet cousins who live in Ontario.  He has three so far, 4 year old twins (a boy and girl) and their two year old little sister.  Miko has yet to meet them but he is already making use of so many of their hand-me-downs. Growing up I was very close to my cousins, and there were a lot of them!  I am so glad that Miko will get to experience the joy of having cousins but at the same time I am saddened by the fact that they live so far away.
 
 I realize now how lucky I was (and am) to have had so many cousins to grow up with. Our families got together very frequently so we had many opportunities to play together and form life-long bonds. Now that I live on the opposite side of the country it has become harder to keep these relationships so strong, but I will always cherish what I had and what I get to come back to every time I visit.
 
I look forward to seeing relationships form between Miko and his cousins and I hope that they remain close regardless of the distance between them. Let's just say that I am very thankful for all of these new technologies that help us keep in touch!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cole,
    Just catching up on your blog, your boy is so adorable! I'm glad for all of the great cousin memories growing up too. I didn't realise how blessed we were growing up with family all around and took it for granted. Love you lots and hope to see you this summer.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I'm especially glad you read this post, I miss you! We are coming to visit at the end of June for Chris's wedding, I hope to see you all there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no matter the distance between us that special bond we shared since we were young will always be there! of course all this technology to keep in touch certainly helps! :) love you! Amanda

    ReplyDelete