Thursday, March 13, 2014

Miko at Three Months



How Miko is Doing
-Miko weighs 14.5 pounds and is about 63 cm long
-Still feeds every 2 hours during the day but has gone over 5 hours between feeds at night a few times!
-He is all smiles now, and makes noises of delight quite often.
-He has learned to makes splashes in the bathtub, its so adorable.  He gets his legs kicking and moves his arms back and forth and looks so serious while he's doing it.
-Shortly after his 2 month milestone he started to suck on his fist, he tries to get his whole hand in his mouth.
-Miko has just recently discovered his hands, he will stare at them quietly with a look of concentration.  He can even bring his hands together and will reach out and touch objects that are close to him.  While I am nursing him or giving him a diaper change, he will often find something to grab or stroke with his fingers.
-When I read him books now, he actually looks at the pages very intently and will occasionally reach out and touch them.
-Miko is so easy to run errands with, he just sits quietly in his car seat taking in all the new sights and sounds.
-Spring has come early to the Okanagan valley so we had our first nursing session outside last week. 
-Miko has started drooling and making spit bubbles but is not teething yet.

How I'm Doing
-I still weigh about the same and have decided not to keep track of it anymore. I have never been one to weigh myself, in fact, I have never owned a scaled until now (we bought it to weigh Miko).  What matters more to me is how I feel about my body.
-I have had a few health issues flare up since giving birth and I am working towards getting back to my healthy self (I am going to go into more detail in an upcoming blog post)
-Miko and I have stated going to 'Baby Talk' classes together.  It's a great excuse to get out of the house and meet other new Moms.  The topics we have covered so far are safety, attachment parenting and infant massage - which Miko absolutely loved - the nurses kept commenting on it.
-Miko and I have a great routine going and manage to get outside together almost every day.
-I get between 7-10 hours of broken sleep a night and I am feeling great
-Books I have read this month: Healing Psoriasis - the Natural Alternative, White Oleander, and Sarum (thanks Mom)
 
2 to 3 Month comparison

No comments:

Post a Comment