Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Psoriasis Update

Just wanted to give a quick update on my progress, or lack there of... After sticking to my initial diet for a month with no results I decided that I would go back to eating normally.  Miko and I have been doing great with exclusive breastfeeding and I did not want to do anything that could potentially jeopardize my supply, especially since my psoriasis hasn't gotten any better.
 
For now I am strictly avoiding gluten and nightshades but have gone back to eating much more satiating foods again - like red meat. When I do finish breastfeeding, I will most likely follow the Autoimmune Protocol guidelines as these are much more in-line with my lifestyle and attitude towards nutrition (eating a primal diet etc.)
 
I have to admit that I cheated for a couple of days to see what would happen. My psoriasis did not get visibly worse, but the itchiness was insane! It took three days before my itchiness subsided to a level that was bearable. That test was enough to keep me away from nightshades for the foreseeable future. I am now on a mission to find easy and delicious nightshade free recipes, which isn't that hard with internet at my finger tips :) 


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm trying not to let it get me down, I'm hoping the warmer weather and sunlight exposure will help a bit

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete