Monday, January 27, 2014

Fatherhood: My Amazing Husband!

 

 
 
Having a baby is a huge, life-changing experience.  One of the greatest benefits of having a child is the potential to use this change as a catalyst for self-discovery and self-improvement. There is no greater example of this than the amazing transformation that has taken place within my sweet husband.
 
Ever since Luke and I got married last summer, I am constantly amazed at how our relationship seems to deepen and become even more meaningful on a daily basis.  Of course, I though he was the most awesome man to begin with, but I had no idea he was capable of becoming even more amazing. The birth of our son has encouraged so many positive changes within him! Fatherhood suits him so much and I just melt watching him interact with our little Miko. I am so incredibly proud of him on so many levels.
 
Here are just a few of the positive lifestyle changes Luke has adopted since we became parents:
 
-He quit smoking a few weeks before Miko was born. He also went off the nicotine patch cold turkey while we were in the hospital.
-He has completely overhauled his attitude about spending money.  He has become so much more responsible in a financial sense that I can hardly believe it!
-He has taken over dish duty without even being asked
-He is constantly making us delicious meals, going grocery shopping and running errands
-He has started working out and is much more focused on improving his physical health
-He is eating a strict Primal diet again.
-He is such an involved father, he is constantly interacting with Miko and is always ready to help meet his needs. And he actually enjoys changing diapers ;)
 
Luke is the most loving and supportive husband and father!  I am so grateful for his presence in my life and for the role he fulfils within our family.  Thank you Luke for making me feel like the luckiest woman alive. We love you more than words could ever express! 


No comments:

Post a Comment