Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DIY Sensory Bottles

 I made these bottles for Miko to play with a couple of months ago now. They are such a favourite of his so I thought I'd do a quick post about them.  I got the idea from pinterest I believe, there are so many great baby and toddler activities to choose from.
This is the 'wet' bottle, named so because I filled it with water.  It also contains some green gems and rocks (from Michaels) and some glittery, silver stars. The effect is really neat, kind of like a cross between a snow globe and those oil and water bottles that you can buy. It is a bit heavy though, at first Miko could only roll the bottle around, but even that is fun to do!  

  
And this is the 'dry' bottle of course. I found some cute and colourful foam bugs at the dollar store which fit nicely through the opening in the bottle. I have to say that this one is his favourite, he loves rattling it and throwing it around, he also used to bite it and pick it up with his mouth!
 
Miko is always supervised while playing with these because they would pose a choking hazard if he ever managed to open them.  I did use some hot glue on the lids before closing them up tight and they haven't opened yet but you can never be too careful.
 
I think I will make a few more of these soon since he likes them so much.  They are so simple and easy, I just browse the craft isle at the dollar store and fill up the bottles with different combinations of items, done!

No comments:

Post a Comment